Understand the Organization’s Goal While Preparing
The best way to gain upper management support, understanding and appreciation for your exhibit marketing program is to fully understand their corporate goals and objectives.
The following questions will help you align your thinking with theirs to gain the support you need:
- How well do you know your management team – their priorities, goals and objectives?
- What is their corporate focus – gaining market share, finding a new edge on the competition?
- By how much are they looking to increase revenue this year?
- What costs are they looking to control, and what expenses do they want to decrease?
- How are they dealing with changes in our unpredictable economy?
- How does your exhibit plan address these areas?
- Who are your advocates in the company who are willing to back your plans?
- What does your management really think about tradeshows?
- Do you need to begin an educational program to change their perceptions?
Written by Susan A. Friedmann, CSP, The Tradeshow Coach, Lake Placid, NY, working with exhibitors and meeting & event planners to improve their event success through coaching, consulting and training.