The following questions will help you align your thinking with theirs to gain the support you need:
- How well do you know your management team – their priorities, goals and objectives?
- What is their corporate focus – gaining market share, finding a new edge on the competition?
- By how much are they looking to increase revenue this year?
- What costs are they looking to control, and what expenses do they want to decrease?
- How are they dealing with changes in our unpredictable economy?
- How does your exhibit plan address these areas?
- Who are your advocates in the company who are willing to back your plans?
- What does your management really think about tradeshows?
- Do you need to begin an educational program to change their perceptions?
Written by Susan A. Friedmann, CSP, The Tradeshow Coach, Lake Placid, NY, working with exhibitors and meeting & event planners to improve their event success through coaching, consulting and training.