Determine your space requirements by using the following 7 guidelines:
- Know how many visitors you want to see during the show.
Example: 500 visitors
- Know total number of show hours.
Example: 20 hours
- Divide no. of visitors by total show hours = average no. of visitors per hour
Example: 500/20 = 25 visitors per hour
- On average each staffer can interact with 10-15 visitors per hour.
Example: 2-3 staffers
- Allow 50 sq. ft. per staffer.
Example: 100-150 sq. ft.
- Know how much space your display and demonstration require.
Example: 50 sq. ft.
- Add staff space and display space.
Example: 150-200 sq. ft.
Suggested space requirement for the above example – 10′ x 20′ = 200 sq. ft.
Written by Susan A. Friedmann, CSP, The Tradeshow Coach, Lake Placid, NY, working with exhibitors and meeting & event planners to improve their event success through coaching, consulting and training.