The best way to do this is to ‘qualify’ them. You can do this by gentle
but very direct questioning. In a business-to-business transaction, this
can be much easier.
Here are some key questions to ask your visitors to your booth.
• “Can I just note which company you represent?”
• “Would you mind telling me your job title? “
• “Can I ask what that involves? “
• “Does your organization use our type of products/services?”
• “May I ask whom your organization uses at the moment to supply these?”
• “How does that all work for you at the moment?”
• “Is there anything you know of that could be even better?”
• “Could I have your card?”
• Is there anyone else you suggest I should contact in your organization about this?”