Here are six habits that really upset visitors to your booth. They all let visitors know that your company representative isn’t really listening to them:
1. Doing all the talking.
2. Interrupting when another person is talking.
3. Never looking at the person talking.
4. Playing with something in your hands or jangling coins in your pocket.
5. Keeping a poker face so visitors don’t know whether you understand them.
6. Being too serious and never smiling.
Change habits takes practice and time. Awareness is the initial stage. This is opportunity for your team members to help each other.
Seek help to find out what listening habits you are unaware of, and what you need to do to overcome them to be more effective.
Written by Susan A. Friedmann, CSP, The Tradeshow Coach, Lake Placid, NY, internationally recognized expert working with companies to increase their profitability at tradeshows. Author: “Riches in Niches: How to Make it BIG in a small Market” and “Meeting & Event Planning for Dummies.” www.thetradeshowcoach.com & www.richesinniches.com